Water Damage Tulsa – What To Do After Water Damage In Your Home
Depending on where you live, you might be prone to water damage Tulsa. If you are not careful, water damage can destroy your home terribly. Therefore, you need to know the right steps to take after water damage Tulsa OK to avoid a huge loss.
1. Call Your Insurance Company – Depending on the homeowner’s insurance policy you have, the first thing you need to do is call the insurer. They will send an insurance adjuster who can check and assess the damage. Next, they should determine if you are covered for the loss.
2. Document Everything – You should document the values of every item you have and take as many photos during the cleanup to help the insurance adjuster with assessing the overall damage to your home.
3. Safety – When going through your house after a water damage incident, you need to be extremely careful. Start by turning off the power, wear protective gear, protect your valuables and vacate if necessary, to avoid exposure to toxic substances such as mold.
4. Start Clean-up Immediately – If possible, you need to start the clean-up process after water damage after 24-48 hours. You might have a hard time cleaning up everything yourself. That’s where hiring a restoration service comes in handy. Don’t forget to wear protective wear when cleaning out your home after water damage.
5. Dry Out The House – Once you have removed all the standing water in the house, there will be damp belongings remaining especially if the area is prone to a humid climate. If you can turn on the electricity, you can use the AC to dry out the home. Also, you can use floor fans and dehumidifiers to damp out the areas of the house.
Water damage in your home in Tulsa can be quite catastrophic. Take the time to follow these steps to avoid further damage to your home.